I was given a review code on xbox one by publisher and developer Polarity Flow Adrian Zing @PolarityFlowDev
This is released in the UK on 17/04/2020 and in the UK priced at £14.99.
Cryogear is a passionately hand crafted Metroidvania inspired pixel art platformer with a souls like mechanics set in a open world sci fi setting. Your clone G.3.4.R is ready to boot up! A unique journey into the world CRYOGEAR awaits you.
* 50 Sci-fi themed areas with varying environments.
* Lava,Floods,Fire,Ice,Pitfalls,Epic Boss fights, a plethora of evolving enemy types stand between you and your goals.
* Use Psi powers to shield yourself from danger and manipulate your surroundings or even your perception of time.
* Learn master 4 different weapons and all are unique.
* Spend harvested enemy energy to gain and improve your abilities from 4 different trees.
* Discover new armor,items,upgrades,gather crafting materials.
* Speedrun,New game +/++ to challenge veteran players.
* Casual mode for new players to Metroidvania games.
* Multiple endings,branching level layouts freedom to explore.
* Use these items to craft helper drones,powerful weapons spent consumables or recycle to fuel fastrr development.
* I loved the option to re map controls.
* 50 sci-fi themed areas with varying environments ranging from ice levels where you slide to lava bubbling up to kill you and desert levels where wingmd pushes you back.
* Music is cool sci-fi themed and suits game perfectly and is also kinda eerie in some places.
* Alot of customization options in terms weapons,skills some of the skills make you have longer breathing and also helps change some of the tools example you can make the hoverboard into a surfboard whoch is amazing.
* Even on casual mode you have full freedom to explore do what you want.
* Has a storage button in inventory which is great as you can travel back to storage bank at cost of enemies you get from killing enemies.
* Love how equipping armor makes stronger in certain ways and overall even on casual game gives you a challenge.
* The freedom sometimes hurts the game as nice be told go here rather than you explore on your own i did get lost multiple times.
* Wish the menu,crafting options had a tutorial as made it clearer which item needed to upgrade stuff this made me confused as would prefer named parts required could annoy some people.
I GIVE THIS GAME A SCORE OF 8.5/10
Has some issues they may put people off but persevere as this game is very fun and deep alot more than originally may think overall for the price you get alot of fun and gameplay value for the money of the game.
PLEASE CHECK OUT MY MIXER.COM/GRIMREAPERSAGE7 FOR VIDEOS AND MY YOUTUBE GRIMREAPERSAGE