I was given a xbox one review code by Publisher @Crunchingkoalas and is Developed by Buckshotsoftware.
This is released in the UK on 12/06/2020 and in the UK priced at £12.99.
One man and his guns. Become a mysterious warlock who embarks onto a dangerous mission to eradicate all evil. Put your finger on the trigger and travel through time and space to wreak havoc like in the golden days.
* Explore 60 vast levels in five settings. Egypt,Graveyards,Antarctic base,Medieval castles,Hell.
* Combat tons of enemies from flying demons to five-storey robots,splashing walls,floors with blood and chunks. Dodge bullets and figure out strategies and weapons that work best to win.
* Expand your arsenal with new weapons develop your weapons into your favourite gear. 38 weapons to upgrade such as pistol turns into a Flare gun to burn enemys or turn into a 50 cal magnum for maximum damage.
* Develop your hero the way you like assign upgrade points,perks to your favourite skills build your hero into the best build for you and use their powers to master the game in higher difficulty modes.
* There are 5 bosses and all are unique and have different strategies to defeat them.
Graphics are very cool retro look reminds me of Duke Nukem,Doom and art style very nostalgic on the enemies and world.
There alot of content for your money 60 levels split into 5 unique areas all with their own look and enemy types EGYPT,GRAVEYARDS,ANTARCTIC BASE,MEDIEVAL CASTLES,HELL.
Gun customisation is awesome there is 38 weapon types and all guns have two different upgrades you can only pick one per playthrough.
Alot of options for art style such as visual like a CRT,gameboy filters for the game retro filters and more to show game in style you remember playing games as a kid.
Because weapon choice is permanent keeps game fresh such as starting gun changes to either a flare gun which can burn enemies or a 50 cal magnum which uses 2 bullets per shot but is massively stronger than the default pistol.
Upgrade your hero to your playstyle and bonuses like more health or more mana which used for attacks or one bonus gives u more health from pickups very useful.
Loved the retro gameplay feel and the anticipation of potential new weapons on next level.
Story was interesting kept me entertained throughout loved the way was told after each boss fight ended helped set up next area.
Has loads cool game references which I loved finding throughout whole game.
Can be hard at start even on easy can be a little repetitive.
I GIVE THIS GAME A SCORE OF 9/10
Overall has old school difficulty as in one life during boss fights but is so fun and enjoyable.
100% RECOMMENDED BUY THIS.
* Graphics very cool reminds me of Duke Nukem and art style very nostalgic.
* There alot of content for your money 60 levels.
* Gun customisation is awesome as there is 38 weapon types and all guns have two different upgrades you only pick one per playthrough.
* Alot of options for art style,visual,like CRT,gameboy,filters for game.
* Because weapon choice is permanent keeps game fresh,pistol changes to flare gun sets fire enemy or a 50 cal magnum stronger uses more bullets.
* Upgrade your hero to your playstyle and bonuses.
* Has a fun retro gameplay feel made me wanting to keep trying one more level for possible new weapons.
* Story was interesting kept me entertained throughout.
* Has loads cool references which I loved finding.
* Can be hard at start even on easy can be a little bit repetitive.
Here is footage from me streaming this on twitch.tv/grimreapersage then upload to my YouTube grimreapersage
PROJECT WARLOCK PART 1 https://youtu.be/IgcaUU6ak38
PROJECT WARLOCK PART 2 https://youtu.be/kdy4-tUaK00
PROJECT WARLOCK PART 3 https://youtu.be/1UQUKCOo3wo