I was given a xbox one review code by Publisher @tinyBuild and is Developed by @jasonoda
This is released in the UK on the 18/06/2020 and in the UK priced at £16.74
Waking is a uniquely personal journey of self reflection and remembrance combining third person exploration and real world meditation. Traverse the twisted pathways of your mind in a quest to wake,and make choices that shape a uniquely individual experience.
* A true meditative experience – Waking blurs the line between fantasy and reality,taking you deep inside your mind both in game and out.
* A uniquely personal journey- Battle the forces of entropy surrounded by the ones you love. Here in your dream your memories are your weapons.
* A world of dreams,nightmares – The MINDSCAPE is a treacherous place,a shifting twisted maze of shattered thoughts and errant memory.
* A fight to survive. A fight to exist – Trapped within your dying mind you face a choice: give in to oblivion or fight for your existence.
Story is very interesting and kept me hooked throughout was very different than expected but in good way.
World felt alive, was very vibrant loved the difference in feelings I got from different areas in the game which helped me stop getting bored.
Combat was fun one minute you throwing rubbish next is some sort of rhythm boss battle very cool quirky.
Music was cool goes from techno music during boss fights which builds tension for the fight to eerie silence and sort of a horror like keeping tension.
I loved the choices that help shape the game to be unique to each player by answering questions about yourself to help give you your powers,companions that all something unique to each player.
It is a very original game liked how different this was to any game played before was very refreshing.
Story and world did sometimes leave me confused and not knowing where to go or what to do would of preferred a tracker or something like a way point system.
The originality may put some people off as very daunting as alot going on was kinda confused sometimes which may put some people off.
Combat takes a while to understand as alot of enemies require either charging up debris or shielding during attacks to return ranged attacks before you can melee them.
Very wierd game may put some people off as maybe to odd for alot of people as deals with alot of mental issues which some may not like.
I GIVE THIS GAME A SCORE OF 6.5/10
Overall is fun and different but may put people off as very daunting and deals with alot of mental health issues but is a fun game that is enjoyable.
* Story is very interesting and kept me hooked throughout.
* World felt alive,vibrant helped stop me getting bored.
* Combat was fun one minute you throwing rubbish next is some sort of rhythm boss battle.
* Music was cool goes from techno during boss fights to eerie silence and sorta horror like helps keep the tension.
* Loved the choices that help shape game to each player answer questions to give you your powers, companions that all mean something to the player.
* Very original game liked how different game was anything tried before was very refreshing game.
* Story and world did sometimes leave me confused where to go what to do.
* The originality may put some people off very daunting.
* Combat takes a while to understand at start.
* Very wierd game may put people off as maybe to odd for alot of people.
Here is footage from me streaming on twitch.tv/grimreapersage and uploaded to my YouTube grimreapersage