I was given a Xbox One review code by keymailer.co Published by SometimesYou @Pinkerator and Developed by Igor Rashkuev
(Previous title from @Pinkerator Aircraft Evolution 8.5)
This is released in the UK on 5/8/2020 and in the UK Priced at £8.39.
Welcome aboard your airship,captain! Steam Tactics is an RPG about steampunk airships with tactical turn-based combat. Take on a role of a captain of a squad of airship pilots,acquire and upgrade new ships and weapons,level up your crew. The king is gravely ill. The queen wishes to employ your services. You are one of the most renowned mercenary tacticians in the land. Will you answer the kingdom’s call.
* Simple yet deep tactical combat. You dont have to wade through obscure marginal mechanics the gameplay revolves around clear core rules.
* Vast space for creative decision making. Its up to you equip your ships ,level your pilots,approach battles your own way.
* Varied progression system. Gather materials to upgrade your ship,guns, combine duplicate weapons to make more powerful versions,level up your crew.
* Suitable challenge for different skill levels.
Alot of content for your money good value as there two chapters and alot of missions each chapter all varied and with different difficulties.
Good variety of of ships all with their own unique stats where some are better than others at different stats which include elemental stats which is acid,electric,fire,and gun damage which includes machine gun,cannon,torpedo.
This is perfect for new players and experienced as you cant just rush through and difficulty is there but can always replay older levels for money,items,xp
All the characters are both unique in look,personality,and they have a very cool hand drawn look.
The weapons allare very varied in look and use on battlefield kept game feeling fresh.
All characters,weapons,world feels alive and interesting even has humor which helps keep game interesting.
The ability to upgrade duplicates such as ships,weapons to make stronger versions is great gives you alot of options.
Alot of options for builds,the different playstyle options for your ships,stats,weapons are great as you can customise alot especially liked if you have two of the same gun such as RED HOUND you attack twice and can adjust stats to improve damage with them. I liked using Red Hound, Bulldog,Steel Eel,as this meant i did electric machine gun cannon damage every attack.
Even when I failed missions made me determined to try again as simple gameplay mechanics had me hooked as not as daunting at the start of the game.
Sometimes you cant move ship as can be blocked in by enemies and sometimes you find yourself where you moving around trying get within range can be annoying to some.
I GIVE THIS GAME A SCORE OF 9/10
Has a minor issue of sometimes you can be stuck or chasing enemies to get them into the area of attack radius but this is very fun and great introduction to tactical games and really enjoyed it alot of variety and good value for your money.
100% RECOMMENDED BUY
* Alot of content for your money good value.
* Good variety of ships all with unique stats,look.
* Perfect for new players and experienced players with being able replay levels and do higher difficulty levels for better rewards.
* All characters are both unique in look,personality.
* The weapons all varied in look and use on the battlefield kept game feeling fresh.
* All characters,weapons,world felt alive and interesting.
* Ability to upgrade duplicates such as ships,weapons to make stronger versions is great gives alot of options.
* Alot of options for builds,playstyles is great customise to suit your own style.
* Even when I failed missions made me determined to try again as simple gameplay mechanics had me hooked as not daunting at the start.
* Sometimes you cant move ship as you can be blocked in or unable to move to correct target position.
Here are all the links to my videos from my streams on twitch.tv/grimreapersage that I uploded to my YouTube channel grimreapersage
STEAM TACTICS PART 1 https://youtu.be/FWZKeMcAlR0
STEAM TACTICS PART 2 https://youtu.be/hWB8mg9eDy0
STEAM TACTICS PART 3 https://youtu.be/Yo6X3spQE0U
STEAM TACTICS PART 4 https://youtu.be/YmFLiOkcM-k