I was given a Xbox One review code by Developer Restless Corp @CorpRestless and is Published by HEDE,KG Game Studio
This is released in the UK on 16/09/2020 and priced in the UK £4.19.
Johnny Rocket is a 2d comic book adventure. In this game,your main goal is to help Johnny Rocket fight “Evil Forces.” To do this you can run,jump,double jump,shoot enemies. You can destroy buildings,obstacles,or enemies with your head. All levels are unique and have a big variety of enemies,with boss fights that are tough the game is hilarious and has alot of toilet humour.
* Hardcore Platforming.
* Black and White cartoon style.
* Unique superpower.
* A hero you would like to help.
* Hand drawn cartoon animation between levels.
* Alot of toilet humour to make you laugh.
The game is challenging in a old school difficulty way.
Graphics style is a unique 2d comic book art style.
The game has alot of humour especially as your health pick ups is toilet rolls.
There is alot of variety in enemies which is nice.
The game is good for people who like achievement hunting as relatively easy to get all the achievements.
Simplistic gameplay in terms you can move,jump,shoot enemies,nice as not need learn lots of combos,moves,abilities.
Game is very short as only 3 levels in game and has no real replay ability.
Game felt unfinished as numerous times got shot by enemies that where off screen and unable to hit them.
Gameplay to basic as other retro type games offer deeper customisation,skills,new moves, weapons.
Game felt dull and the levels not very interesting and kinda boring.
I WOULD GIVE THIS GAME A SCORE OF 6/10
Overall had a bunch of issues that unfortunately the game was dull and while it did make me laugh it was far to short and lacking with no real replay ability.
* The game is challenging in a old school difficulty.
* Graphic style is a unique 2d comic book style.
* Game has alot of humour especially as your health is toilet rolls.
* There is alot of variety in enemies.
* Good for achievement hunters as can get all achievements very quickly.
* Simplistic gameplay in terms you can move,jump,double jump,shoot enemies,nice as not need learn lots of combos,moves
* Game is very short only 3 levels no reply ability.
* Game felt unfinished as numerous times got shot by enemies off screen.
* Gameplay to basic as other retro type games offer deeper customisation,skills,new moves,weapons.
* Game felt dull and the levels not very interesting and kinda boring.
Here are my 2 videos from my time streaming this on my twitch.tv/grimreapersage I did finish the story aswell during my review process.
JOHNNY ROCKET PART 1 https://youtu.be/z26qqqZEA5c
JOHNNY ROCKET PART 2 https://youtu.be/sdKz0jMTIZw