I was given a Xbox One review code which I played on my Series X. Code provided by Publisher DANGEN Entertainment @Dangen_Ent Developer LABS @LABSworks
Released in UK 2/6/2021 and priced in UK £16.74.
(PREVIOUS TITLES REVIEWED FROM @Dangen_Ent SMELTER 9/10 MINORIA 9/10 ARA FELL 9/10 BUG FABLES 9/10)
Astalon Tears Of The Earth is an action platformer set in a dying world where life is cruel use unique skills,weapons of three characters to explore,conquer the tower to find answers to their survival.
* 8 Bit action in a beautifully detailed dark world.
* Original character design by manga creator RYUSUKA MITA.
* Large amount of different enemies.
* Use campfires to save your progress change characters discover details about heroes past.
* Hundreds of rooms to explore.
* Over 30 pieces of chip tune music composed by Matt Kap.
Three characters all unique in look and playstyle.
Lots of enemies all unique in look and fighting style.
Music is cool over 30 tunes.
Story was interesting kept me interested from start to finish.
Multiple game modes to try after you finish story once helps improve replay ability.
Old school difficulty that is challenging for combat especially bosses.
Lots of upgrades for your characters such as new skills improve attack and defence.
Bosses are all unique in look and own strategies to defeat them.
Old school difficulty may annoy some as you die lots especially to boss fights.
Items that you can buy from shop when you die dont explain what they do or which are permanent or temporary.
I GIVE THIS GAME A SCORE OF 8.5/10
Overall is a challenging old school Metroidvania challenging when fighting bosses and not knowing which items you buy are permanent or temporary. But game is full of content,unique enemies,bosses, secrets,upgrades and a fun story with alot of replay ability.
* Three characters all unique look,playstyle.
* Lots of enemies all unique in look,fighting style.
* Music is cool over 30 tunes.
* Story was interesting from start to finish.
* Multiple game modes to try after you finish the game.
* Old school difficulty combat,bosses.
* Lots of upgrade options to you characters.
* Bosses are all unique in look,strategy to defeat them.
* Old school difficulty may annoy some as you die alot especially during boss fights.
* Items that you can buy from shop dont explain which are permanent or temporary.
Here is video from me livestreaming on my twitch.tv/grimreapersage channel then uploaded to my YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6B7Ec1MRze7u7SLK7sX2pw
ASTALON PART 1 https://youtu.be/kcwDh3cqcGo
ASTALON PART 2 https://youtu.be/FXcuM1Byuw0