I was given a Xbox One code which I played on my Series X. Code provided by @Phoenotopia Publisher Flyhigh Works.
This is released in UK on 25/8/2021 and in the UK priced at £16.74.
Join Gail, a simple villager who must heed the call for adventure when a great star ship appears and abducts all the adults from your village you must set out to solve the mystery.
- Narrative single player adventure with charming characters, vibrant towns, dungeons.
- Over 10 different weapons, tools to use in combat and to solve puzzles.
- 50 Different types of enemies and 12 bosses.
- World full of secrets 33 energy gems, 55 heart pieces 111 moon stones.
- Over 60 songs from piano to metal synth songs.
- Achievement system with 33 to earn.
- Main campaign length estimated at 30 hours playtime and 50 for completists.
Story was interesting from start to finish.
Characters you meet are all unique and interesting.
Enemy variety is impressive there is 50 different enemies all unique in look and attack patterns.
All 12 bosses are unique in look attack patterns and strategy to beat them.
Graphics are very nice cool pixel art style.
Alot of content for your money story is 30 hours long and has alot of different collectables for the price of £16.74.
Challenging game and rewarding gameplay good nostalgic feel but has alot of options to make game easier for people.
Easy to get lost especially when exploring dungeons would have been nice to have a map.
Controls are weird kinda clunky awkward in terms of fighting some of the bosses or doing the jumping sections.
Combat is basic and may get dull for some but has nostalgic feel.
I GIVE THIS GAME A SCORE OF 7.5/10
Overall combat may be bit dull, simple to other games and bit awkward but is a fun game with good story, full of content and nostalgia for older games.
* Story was interesting from start to finish.
* Characters you meet are all unique.
* Enemy variety is cool, different.
* Bosses are all unique with own attacks.
* Graphics are nice cool pixel art style.
* Alot of content for your money story is 30 hours and has alot of collectibles for the price £16.74.
* Challenging and rewarding gameplay good nostalgic feeling.
* Easy get lost could have done with a map.
* Controls weird kinda clunky awkward.
* Combat is basic and may get dull for some.
Here is video footage from me livestreaming on my Twitch channel twitch.tv/grimreapersage and then uploaded to my YouTube channel
PHOENOTOPIA AWAKENING https://youtu.be/RbC-5F2l0b0