I was given a Xbox One code which I played on my Series X. Code provided by Publisher Merge Games Ltd @MergeGamesLtd and Developer Maple Powered Games @MaplePowered
This is released in UK 31/08/2021 and in UK priced at £14.99.
( Previous titles reviewed from @MergeGamesLtd include Morbid The Seven Acolytes 9.0 ForeClosed 8.5 Buildings Have Feelings Too 7.0 Spirit Of The North 8.0 )
Monster Harvest is a monster collecting and farming action RPG. Grow your own monsters mutate collect more explore and upgrade your farm in the vibrant world of Planimal .
- Three unique seasons changing what you can grown DRY,WET,DARK Seasons.
- Craft dozens of item for your farm, home.
- Discover locations in Planimal build bonds at stores to get discounts.
- Save Planimal from SlimeCO with your monsters.
- Use slimes to mutate crops you can grow.
- Collect Planimal companions use slime to mutate your crops into Planimals to fight with.
Alot to do in terms of growing and building items for your farm.
World felt alive and was interesting to explore.
Monsters were great all unique in look and stats and all own abilities make different.
Characters you meet are all different you can charm shopkeepers to get discounts on items they sell.
Game changes during seasons which changes which food and monsters you able to grow which is cool.
Relaxing farming gameplay that doesn’t rush meaning can take your time is nice.
Soil level feature is great as everytime your monsters die you gain hearts which you can use to improve the level of your next batch of monsters you can grow.
Controls are fiddly and kinda clunky when using a controller.
No real depth to combat just spam strongest move not even able switch monsters out during fights.
Found myself lost as no objective page or tasks bar made me feel lost.
I GIVE THIS GAME A SCORE OF 7.5/10
Overall has a ton of content for the price of £14.99. Has cool ideas and very fun but downside is that has clunky controls, shallow combat and no objective or task screen made me feel lost and hurts fun but game is unique.
* Alot to do in terms of growing,building.
* World felt alive and interesting.
* Monsters great all unique in look stats abilities.
* Characters you meet all different.
* Game changes during seasons as monsters,food you able grow change.
* Relaxing farming gameplay doesn't rush you.
* Soil level feature is great as everytime monsters die use hearts to improve raise next level of farmed monsters.
* Controls are fiddly kinda clunky on controller.
* Found myself lost and confused as no objective screen or tasks made me feel lost.
* No real depth to combat just end up spamming strongest attack not even able switch monsters in fights.
Here is video footage from me livestreaming on my twitch channel twitch.tv/grimreapersage then uploaded to my YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6B7Ec1MRze7u7SLK7sX2pw
MONSTER HARVEST PART 1 https://youtu.be/UpXF_R6Zbz0
MONSTER HARVEST PART 2 https://youtu.be/ypywuxPIYGA