I was given a PS5 code from Publisher RED ART GAMES @REDARTGAMES Developer Rickard Paulsson @RicpauStudios
This is released in the UK on 4/3/2022 and in the UK is priced at £12.99.
Gunborg Dark Matters is an arcade style action packed platformer in space with a smooth gameplay and a 80s synth wave soundtrack. Armed with a fierce blade and a powerful shield to fight your way through a alien spaceship with nefarious creatures, fearsome bosses.
- Skill based arcade style gameplay.
- Three difficulty settings.
- All enemy weapons can be picked up by the player.
- A powerful shield to deflect enemy bullets.
- Dark energy super charge your weapons.
- Smooth gameplay and fluid animations.
- Super fast addictive respawn cycle.
Enemy variety is impressive as all look different and all have own attack patterns and movement style.
Weapons are all very cool and all have own look and own shooting style and all felt unique.
Story was interesting from start to finish.
Use of shield to reflect enemy projectile attacks is very cool as cant just hold shield down as has a timer.
Challenging difficulty even on easy very old school difficulty.
Graphics very cool and cartoony look is nice.
Bosses all have own look and all have own strategies to defeat them.
Alot of content as alot of levels to try and get “S” ranks on and bonus levels, escape pods all for the price of £12.99.
Can be frustrating as you die in 4 hits which happens alot.
Levels are short as you can rush through some of the levels in a couple of mins.
I GIVE THIS GAME A SCORE OF 8/10
Overall levels can be short and can be frustrating how fast you die, has cool enemies, weapons, bosses with alot of content with multiple ranks on levels, bonus levels, escape pods all for £12.99.
* Enemy variety is impressive, all unique.
* Weapons very cool own look, shooting style.
* Story was interesting from start to finish.
* Use of shield to reflect attack back at enemy is very cool.
* Challenging difficulty even on easy.
* Graphics very cool, cartoony look.
* Bosses all have own look, own strategies to defeat them.
* Alot of content as alot of levels to try get "S" rank on and bonus levels, escape pods all for £12.99.
* Can be frustrating as you die in 4 hits which happens alot.
* Levels are short can rush through some in couple of mins.
Here is video footage from my videos of me playing this on my PS5 then uploading to my YouTube channel link below.