I was given a PS5 code from Publisher WayForward @WayForward Developer Limited Run Games @LimitedRunGames
This is released in the UK on 13/9/2022 and in the UK is priced at £12.99
Join Kunio, Riki, Misako, Kyoko, in this 16-bit co-op adventure beat em up journey. Experience the origin of River City Girls story as the hot-blooded heroes attempt to clear their names of a heinous crime.
- Story officially translated 28 years after release.
- Switch between four playable characters with special moves.
- Intriguing story that inspired River City Girls 1+2.
- Bone busting combat use punch’s, kicks, more.
- 1p or 2p local co-op gameplay.
- Wide variety environments school, docks, more.
- Battle from a motorcycle in “MODE 7” vehicle stages.
- Image gallery featuring vintage box art, manual, more.
- New motion comic cutscenes, new animated intro, new music by River City Girls composer Megan McDuffee and DEMONDICE!
Story is interesting from start to finish.
Characters you can play as on your journey all are unique with own look and all have own moves and fighting style.
Bosses are all fun and all look different and have all own attacks and movement style.
Old style combat very nostalgic like double dragon and fun.
Enemies all have own look, and all have own attack moves.
Simple controls to learn and easy for everyone to pick up and play.
Alot of content for £12.99, has cool retro vibes and cool moves, enemies, bosses.
Difficult game as has no health items and die easy.
Clunky movement on characters are kinda stiff be nice if they moved abit faster.
No autosave so be careful and no real exploring of levels or replay once you finished the story
I GIVE THIS GAME A SCORE OF 7.5/10
Overall, for £12.99, has cool enemies, bosses and the characters all have own moveset and has alot of retro vibes. However, is difficult as no health items to pick up and characters are kinda clunky would have been nice if they moved faster and no auto save is annoying, no exploring so once story is finished no reason to replay it.
* Story is interesting from start to finish.
* Characters play as all unique look, style.
* Bosses fun all have unique look.
* Old style combat very nostalgic, fun.
* Enemies all have own look, moves.
* Simple controls for everyone pick up and play.
* Alot of content for £12.99, has cool retro vibe and cool moves, enemies, bosses.
* Difficult no health items die easily.
* Clunky movement characters kinda stiff.
* No autosave and no real exploring or replay once finished story.
Here is video footage from my videos of me playing this on my PS5 then uploading to my YouTube channel link below.