I was given a xbox one review code by Publisher and Developer Recotechnology S.L.
This is released in the UK on 9/6/2020 and in the UK priced at £33.49.
1971 Project Helios is a turn-based strategy game which combines modern warfare military tactics and close combat. Firearms and vehicles are scarce,conflicts and hostilities have no end,and the terrible freezing cold annihilates friends and foes in its path. The campaign sets in a frozen world,in which eight people-each one with its own problems and interests join in a sort of temporary alliance,to find one particular person Dr Margaret Blythe.Along their way they will have to avoid raider attacks,investigate military headquarters,and infiltrate into the territory of a dangerous anti-technology religious sect.
* TACTICAL COMBAT.
* SKILL TREES.
* RESOURCE MANAGEMENT.
* THREE POSSIBLE ENDINGS TO STORY.
* EIGHT UNIQUE AND INTERESTING CHARACTERS.
Graphics are nice pretty very detailed loved art style for both the world and characters as really like the dystopian effect the game has.
Characters are very interesting and all are unique in looks and weapons,abilities,playstyle and all have their own story agenda which made them interesting the whole time.
Story is interesting and kept me entertained the whole time as loved reading all the lore found on levels made world feel alive.
Has addictive gameplay as even when failing and characters die kept me waiting try one more time as kept me thinking different ways to complete each fight.
Combat mechanics are very different and feels fresh as like the cool down of skills and not ever character could use overwatch skill and I liked how your melee characters are strong but limited range.
Management of items to upgrade your characters is cool as often had choose do I upgrade one guy with items to make him stronger or spread items between group to change abilities such as make grenade character can either heal himself and team or have extra attack where throws 2 grenades at once.
Found the frame rate choppy when moving camera which was surprising as was running on xbox one x.
Difficulty for new players can be hard even on the easy the setting as until you are further in game you cant revive your fallen teammates which means game over if they die during combat.
Controls are kinda clunky on controller just sense of the combat movement often found myself clicking wrong place or struggling move with camera.
Combat mechanics very different to other games in genre alot of games show where you moving to and you are able to check before moving to that tile but cant in this game. Alot games alot characters are able overwatch on this only some can.
I GIVE THIS GAME A SCORE OF 6.5/10
This game was fun and story very good but has some issues that hurt my enjoyment especially as one in particular happened where my character got stuck and then my game crashed.
I would say wait for sale as has some issues hopefully get fixed later.
* Graphics is very cool and art style for world and characters are cool and has a very dystopian effect.
* Characters are very interesting and all are unique with their own story,play style.
* Story is interesting and kept me entertained the whole time.
* Has addictive gameplay as even when failed kept me wanting to try one more time.
* Combat mechanics as very different other games feels fresh.
* Management of items to upgrade your characters is cool.
* Found the frame rate choppy sometimes and was running on xbox one x.
* Difficulty for new players hard as if your character dies can cause the mission to fail.
* Controls were kinda clunky on controller.
* Combat mechanics very different to other games in genre struggled with movement at start.
Here is link to me streaming this on Twitch.tv/grimreapersage
1971 PROJECT HELIOS https://youtu.be/8F31hfU7E_4