I was given a Steam code which I played on my Steam Deck. Code from Publisher, Developer Basti Games @BastiArtGames
This is released in the UK on 7/4/2023 and in the UK is priced at £15.99.
Lone Fungus is a true Metroidvania set in a world built by mushrooms where you play as the last mushroom alive. Explore an ancient world, acquire new abilities and discover secrets.
- Explore a huge interconnected world gated with true Metroidvania progression.
- Fast and responsive combat, play as an acrobatic mushroom.
- A spell system based on how you strike spells with your sword, giving spells multiple uses and a creative approach to combat.
- Unique challenging platforming gameplay reminiscent of modern platformers such as Celeste but set in a fully open world * optional *
- Play the game how you want ! pick between four difficulty modes or use the accessible Assist mode.
Story is interesting and fun.
World is huge and feels alive with each area having own look and own enemies and even own feel to the zones.
Enemies are cool as all have own look and all have own attacks to learn in order to defeat them.
Bosses are cool and awesome as all have own look and all have own attacks and phases to learn in order to beat them.
Easy pick up and play for everyone has easy controls to learn as not alot of buttons and multiple difficulty options even the ability to custom your experience to your own style is amazing and good for all players.
Relics are cool as all have own uses and own look and also can swap around to suit your style and can equip a bunch.
Powers are cool and can be swapped out to suit area or style like the bouncy ball was great being able hit enemies at range and all are unique.
Assist mode is awesome absolutely loved this option as can turn it on so if you struggle with enemies can up the damage you do or if you struggle with bosses can turn on invincible mode and can turned off at any time just from pause menu and so many more.
Alot of content for £15.99, has a cool story, world is fun and enjoyable, bosses, enemies, relics, Assist mode and so much more.
Can be daunting at the start as alot to learn and alot of places to explore which can be hard to figure where to go first.
I GIVE THIS GAME A SCORE OF 9/10
Overall can be daunting at the start as alot to learn. However for £15.99, has a cool story, cool enemies, bosses, relics are very fun and offers alot of customization options. The Assist mode is amazing love if more games had this as helps so many ways from adding extra platforms to the jump sections to how much time you have to move when jumping and even up the damage you do and even a invincibility option is perfect as can be turned on or off from pause menu so if you struggling with a area or boss can just turn on deal with them then turn back off no punishment is perfect for all types of players and game is super fun and enjoyable loved it.
100% RECOMMENDED BUY.
* Story is interesting and fun.
* World feels alive and huge.
* Enemies cool own look, attacks.
* Bosses cool look, own phases, attacks.
* Easy pick up and play for everyone.
* Relics cool own uses, look.
* Powers are cool and can be swapped out to suit playstyle.
* Assist mode is awesome can be turned on and helps loads.
* Alot of content for £15.99, cool story, world, bosses, enemies, relics, Assist mode.
* Can be daunting at start as alot to learn and alot of places to explore.